Our company is local, fully based in Paris, each tour guide is fiscally resident of France and abide to EU regulations.
Although we do not collect your data and we don't have any intention to use your private data for any other purpose than contacting you and organizing the tour for you, this law became enforceable and we are obliged to share with you our Data Privacy - updated in early 2018
As a general rule, we are complying with all privacy laws around the world.
That's because the GDPR is so robust and comes with stringent requirements.
A - Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
1- Types of Data Collected
1 - a - Personal Data
While using Louvreguide website and app, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact You or identify You.
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address for the use of contacting you only
- First name and last name for the use of managing your requests and organizing the tour
- Phone number for the use of the mandated state-certified tour guide only
- Usage of Analytics sessions data of our website for our internal optimization and maintenance use only - You can accept or refuse the cookies on your first session - but know that the cookies help us improve the quality of our landing pages on this website and therefore help other visitors a continuously improving UX design in the Art and Culture websites.
1 - b -Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To give it to the tour Guide in charge of your tour : As a mean of communication with you, to schedule a meeting or to give you the starting point for the tour in Paris, or to alert you on updates concerning the tour in case of a last minute cancellation for example.
- Your reviews and feedback for the internal performance or a contract: For the development of the Treasure hunts tours or the guided tours in the Louvre, we use your feedback and reviews.
- We may use your reviews and feedback to marketing, to new clients and to improve the quality of our services.
- Email/phone to contact You in case of emergency or cancellation by the tour guide: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the museums opening hours, the functionalities of our website, our tours and services, or contracted planning services, including the security updates, strikes in Paris, weather, when necessary or reasonable for the visitor.
- To provide You with news and general information about Paris, only if the news are important. We do not bother our clients with any form or shape of news letters.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us. When You contact us, we need to manage our calendar properly and we may use Your name to open a booking on the team calendar.
We will never share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We will never share (or sell) Your personal information with any tiers Service Providers that you did not consent to.
- For business transfers: We will never share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With Affiliates: We will never share (or sell) Your information with Our affiliates
- With business partners: We will never share Your information with Our/Your business partners unless you ask us to.
- With other users: We never share personal information or let other users interact with You.
- With Your consent: We never disclose Your personal information for any other purpose without Your consent.
2 - Usage Data - Google Analytics
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's type, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visited, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
These information are completely anonymous and protected by Google Data Privacy.
The only purpose of this, is to analyze the sessions on our website and improve the user experience.
2 - a - Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Cookies or Browser Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on Your Device. You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent.
Cookies can be "Session" Cookies.
3. Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation from a court of justice
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
4 - Analytics
We use a third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the users of our website: Louvreguide.com
- Google Analytics GA4 -
Google Analytics is our Analytics tool. We combine this tool to Tag Manager for a complete web analytics service offered by Google
- GA 4 tracks and reports website traffic without names or personal information. Just the sessions and the number of visits.
- Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- You can opt-out of having made your activity by refusing the cookies when you load a page.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
5 - Payments
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing : Paypal or Stripe.
These payment processors adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
B - GDPR Privacy
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, our support will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the European GDPR
Our team undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee your GDPR EU. But, you can exercise your rights even from Canada or the USA.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
C - Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data.
For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
D - Definitions
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Business / Company, refers to the Company as the legal entity that collects Consumers' personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of Consumers' personal information, or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumers' personal information, that does business in the State of FRANCE
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to TOUR GUIDE PARIS
For the purpose of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
- Consumer, means a natural person who is buying a tour with a tour guide.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Data Controller, for the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept of allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
For the purposes for EU GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
- Sale, means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer's personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
- Service refers to the Website louvreguide.com
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to the Website louvreguide.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Service.
Please contact us in case you have any questions for our IT support.